Indigo children born between 1950’s & 1960’s (also referred to as lightworkers) – 1990’s
Crystal Children born between 2000 – 2010
Rainbow kids born mostly after 2000/2010 and continuing to come in.
The terms "Indigo," "Crystal" and “Rainbow” were given to these three generations, because they most accurately describe their aura colors and energy patterns.
It is so hard to fit all the information available into a smaller essay version; the following is an attempt to shed light to the above groups of kids.
Indigos are highly sensitive children or adults with psychic abilities and a specific purpose in life. They have bright, beautiful indigo auras, hence their name. They display many different characteristics than the generations thus far and are usually quite challenging in their approach to everyday life. Their temperament is mainly what may stand in the way of completing their task. They tend to come in filled with anger and frustration which often gridlocks them in achieving their plan.
Some most common traits of indigo children:
· They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it). They have a feeling of “deserving to be here”
· They are strong willed & very clear about who they are and do not succumb to labels (ADD, ADHD etc).
· They have trouble with people and institutions of authority (especially without explanation or choice). Hence they get frustrated with systems that are ritual-oriented and don’t require creative thought. They get bored easily.
· They don’t make friends easily but when they do they look for deep and lasting friendships. Connect easily with nature and animals.
· They are creative and usually tend to love art, music, poetry, and crafts.
· They are prone to addictions, restlessness, insomnia, nightmares and difficulty/fear of falling asleep.
· They often feel this world is too heavy, too difficult and may have a history of depression, or even suicidal thoughts or attempts.
· They have trouble conforming to “boring” things; such as waiting in line, sitting still for quiet instructional classroom time, etc.
· They can easily “see” better ways of achieving certain goals or running operations and come forth as “know it alls”
· They may be sensitive in ways of seeing shadows, talking to etheric beings, communicating with people/animals that have passed.
· They often seem antisocial or reserved, except for when they are in a group of similar kids. They feel like they do not belong and not understood by many. School is usually very difficult for them.
· “Guilt” discipline is not effective with indigos - instead they thrive on explanations and meaningful conversations.
· They will let you know what they need and when they are not content.
· They have a desire to help the world and see the “mundanes” of it. Crave deep conversations and want to share their view of the world.
Indigo children are often labeled as ADD or ADHD meaning they have Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder; a better description (as per D. Virtue) could be: Attention Dialed into a Higher Dimension. Gifted and ADD children actually very often have very hight IQ’s, are highly creative and love excitement and adventure. Indigos tend to think “outside the box” and have a tremendous amount of energy to expend and tend to often get in trouble for choosing activities that are beyond the norm. Many believe that famous high thinkers such as Einstein, Edison and Da Vinci might have been labeled ADD if they lived in our lifetime.
Another trait of the indigo children is that they are based on integrity and can sense “B.S.” a mile away. Lies can make them angry and lead to unwanted behavior as their sensitive meter will alert them when they find themselves in such a situation. This is why they need their warrior archetypes, that are here to squash old systems, that are not based on integrity and no longer work. They have trouble “stuffing” their feeling when in the midst of chaos, dysfunctional families or situations in school unless medicated.
Their system is usually very sensitive to chemicals, dyes, toxic foods, environmental pollutants, artificial lighting and often display a lot of allergies. Their bodies thrive on nutritious & fresh foods, clean air, filtered water and they do much better when surrounded with toxin free toiletries and cleaners.
I love this little paragraph on Manifesting and Indigos by Doreen Virtue (The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children), as it relates so well to many indigos I know:
“People and beings who live in higher dimensions know how to instantly manifest in order to get their needs met. They focus their desire and vision on their goal, and they attract or create that objective. They’ve learned to discipline their minds so that they only think about what they truly want. They know that worrying creates negative results, so they don’t allow themselves to do so. Indigo Children instinctively remember their soul’s ability to manifest, and they don’t understand the Earthly preoccupation with training for a job, unless it’s a job that dovetails with their Life Purpose. So if you talk to Indigos about “job security” they’ll look at you like you’re from another planet. They know that the true source of security comes from the Source.”
Joyful, playful and forgiving children with large, penetrating, wise eyes that hypnotize and dive deep into your soul. At this time (2016) typically between 0-9 years old. The Crystal Children have opalescent auras, with beautiful multicolors in pastel hues. This generation also shows a fascination for crystals and rocks.
A new generation, with very specific intentions, do not get sidetracked by human emotions and roadblocks but are indeed locked into their purpose and what they came here to do. The first crystal children were born around the year 2000. Indigo children and adults may evolve to crystal auras by developing their spirituality.
Crystals are incredibly sensitive and telepathic and seem to usher the world into a new form of communication; the nonverbal. Such kids are often miss-diagnosed as late bloomers with speech problems or even autistic since they do not see the reason for using “words” to communicate with their parents and those around them. Instead they project their thoughts and feelings as a way of interaction.
The main difference with the Indigos is their temperament. Crystal Children are joyful and even-tempered. They are loving, easy going souls that communicate largely with their third eyes and heart and follow through the Indigo’s path to continue the task of reviving and securing the world.
Rainbow children are said to be the embodiment of our divinity and the example of our potential. The Rainbow Children radiate rainbow energy, the kind that we were created with, to instill within us health and balance.
This is their first time incarnating on this planet and are born into Crystal parents themselves. They do not have karma so they do not need to be born into chaotic families to work out their past issues. They have beautiful, large, kind eyes and are fearless. They are the highest group of spiritual children and are here to change the world for the better.
Doreen Virtue says, the Rainbow children are perfectly balanced in their male and female energies. They are confident without aggressiveness; they are intuitive and psychic without effort; they are magical and can bend time, become invisible, and go without sleep and food. While the Crystal children are sensitive and vulnerable to allergies and toxins, the Rainbows are so advanced that are not bothered by any environmental issues. Rainbows are giving and joyful and they live from their heart. When you send the love and joy they magnify the feeling and send it back out to the world a hundred fold.
Ultimately, the new kids are here to help humanity and the earth move out of the old paradigm of control, fear and density, and to realign with love, compassion and higher consciousness. Their main goal is to help usher in the new paradigm on planet earth in the coming years.
The Color Code, A New Way to See Yourself, Your Relationships and Life. Hartman Taylor, PHD
The Indigo Children, The New Kids Have Arrived, Lee Carroll/ Jan Tober
An Indigo Celebration, Lee Carroll/Jan Tober
Anger and the Indigo Child, Dianne Lancaster
Beyond the Indigo Children. Atwater
The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children, Doreen Virtue, PH.D.