Are you RE-acting to life? Take control of your dreams!

 

Let your dream be bigger than your fears image  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2021 took me by surprise!

Of course I knew it was coming, and was fully prepared and expecting a new year full of promises and something a bit less overwhelming than the year before. What I did not expect is the way I feel about it deep inside. Yes, there are the usual thoughts and intentions about what I would like to accomplish with the opportunity of a new start. The way I am approaching it though, is completely different from years past. It seems that the trials and tribulations leading up to this moment, have changed the way I look at life and how I react to it. Imagine that! In fact, I always like to think that acting is much better than re-acting in life. When we are acting from a place of intention, we have a vision and are in control in how we approach it. Re-acting means we are guided by some experience in life and trying to make the best of it, always feeling like we are trying to catch up.
This time, as I was preparing my New Year's intention, forming a plan and a course of action, I noticed that what I had done in years before to set a course was no longer feeling sufficient. There was much more emotion in it now. I felt more connected to my cause and excited about what I am about to embark on in a way I had not before. My entire body was alive with the thought of what is possible. Not only do I recognize what this means for me, but I also see how this will benefit my family, my community and the world in general. This fluttering in my heart has sprung forth from the practice of patience, perseverance and gratitude no matter what is going on around me. Of course the past year was challenging and had me approach life from a very different perspective. Often it had me questioning my capability to survive the year intact. That is when it dawned on me. I was not supposed to survive it intact. I was meant to soften, go with flow, find new hidden talents, question and change certain beliefs and allow myself to become stronger though my vulnerability.
Publishing a cookbook was part of my exploration, understanding who I am and sharing that with the world. Many times, while writing the book, I questioned the usefulness of my recipes, the value of tidbits and information, and why the world would be interested in even checking this book out. Moving past my fears was an exercise in understanding and connecting with my self worth. It wasn't about the world; it was about diving deeper into who I am and how I fit into this life. Cooking, nourishing my self and a state of well-being is my passion. A passion that developed as I learned to be kind to myself and my body, to accept and honor my emotions, and as I allowed others to teach me their ways of balance. Learning how to listen to your own body and be guided by it is no easy task. And it never ends. This on-going communication has the capacity to keep us in a healthy and balanced state as we move through life, day by day. We need to take heed in the messages that come through in order to achieve a serene and joyful state of being. Physical, mental and emotional health go hand in hand as we navigate our path and take action in achieving our dreams. If we are always in the defensive, we do not have time to plan and create what we want.
Many factors have contributed to being where I am today, and to seeing life with a renewed sense of awe and excitement for the possibilities ahead. My daily routines, my diet and my state of mind are by far my most supportive habits that allow me to create more of the life I dream ever day. Manifestations never cease and yet some dreams have proven a bit more challenging than others. That's OK; I just keep on. If you would like to take a spin at what works for me, it goes something like this:

  1. Having a daily quiet and reflective time
  2. Starting my day out with intention and gratitude
  3. Awakening the body with stretches and yoga
  4. Hydrating the body first thing with a glass of water and lemon wedge
  5. Organizing my day according to my intention
  6. Having nourishing meals - I do enjoy a good salad!
  7. Taking in some sun - our life depends on it and 10 minutes are better than none.
  8. Grounding - feeling overwhelmed? Take a few minutes to breathe and connect.
  9. Release the day before going to bed. No need to take that with you.
  10. Focus on what you want to create before falling asleep. You mind will keep working on it.
  11. Stay positive. Yes, life will test you and throw you curve-balls.
  12. Persevere! Put that smile back on and keep going. You will get this!

Here's to fabulous and nourishing opportunities for 2021!
And if I can be of any help please do not hesitate to contact me.
We thrive as a community as we come together to support each other!

Nourishing Blessings, 

 

Comments